Most of my clients are either business founders or Next Generation family members moving into positions of increased responsibility. I work with leaders who are eager to evolve and willing to invest in themselves.
My coaching typically involves 1:1 meetings with the leader over the course of 6 to 12 months. If desired, these meetings can be supplemented by a disciplined process of gathering feedback from key team members, giving us real-time data on what needs to be strengthened or changed. I address specific behaviours and skills that leaders must adopt in order both to BE effective in their roles and to BE SEEN as effective by their colleagues.
I believe that the potential for professional success is greatly boosted or thwarted by personal habits and family functioning. Leaders at all levels need a place to safely discuss their concerns and struggles in all matters affecting their well-being. I create such a space for them in our work together. I have an extensive referral network, and will make recommendations for other experts’ involvement when that is needed.
Among the issues that I deal with as a consulting psychologist and coach are the following:
- establishing healthy boundaries within family-owned businesses
- changing the attitudes and behaviours that most commonly hamstring effective leadership
- improving the speed and quality of decision making
- creating the conditions for teams to flourish
- dealing with the dynamics of family business succession
- harnessing key personal strengths that enhance performance and meaning
- staying sane through insane periods at work
- dealing with issues around wealth creation and transfer, including effective philanthropy and raising successful children in the context of affluence
For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (204) 488-6796.