Brainy coaching for smart professionals.
I work with emerging leaders in engineering, finance, high tech, and manufacturing. My clients are people whose excellence in their designated technical roles has led them to be tapped for leadership positions, or compelled them to start businesses of their own. I have over 15 years of experience in helping people transition into their new roles as leaders of people and drivers of business success.
Whether I’m engaged as a consultant or as a coach, I focus on specific behaviours and skills that high potential leaders must adopt in order both to BE effective and to BE SEEN as effective. My approach typically involves 1:1 sessions with the leader over the course of 6 to 12 months, as well as a disciplined process of incorporating feedback from team members. The latter gives us real-time data on how the leader is being perceived, and on what needs to be strengthened or changed.
I believe that the potential for professional success is greatly boosted or thwarted by the leader’s personal habits and family life. Leaders at all levels need a place to safely discuss their concerns and struggles in all matters that affect their well-being. I create such a space for them in our work together. I have an extensive referral network, and will make recommendations for other experts’ involvement, when appropriate.
Among the issues that I deal with as a consulting psychologist and coach are the following:
- establishing healthy boundaries within family-owned businesses
- changing the attitudes and behaviours that most commonly hamstring effective leadership
- improving the speed and quality of decision making
- creating the conditions for teams to flourish
- increasing employee engagement and dealing with under-performers
- harnessing key personal strengths that enhance performance and meaning
- staying sane through insane periods at work
- dealing with issues around wealth creation and transfer, including succession planning and raising financially responsible children
For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (204) 488-6796.